Inside the enclosure of the monumental cemetery of Gela, near the Municipal Library, there is Saint Blaise’s Church, long deconsecrated. In its extremely simple and rural aspect, it is the
Church consecrated to Our Lady of Graces “a Maronna ‘e razi” (feast celebrated on 2 July).
It stands on the ancient monastery of the fathers who moved there in 1481
Built in 1439 with the adjoining monastery, it is one of the oldest churches in the city. In ancient times it was dedicated to the cult of St. Joseph.