Saint Augustine’s Church
Built in 1439 with the adjoining monastery, it is one of the oldest churches in the city. In ancient times it was dedicated to the cult of St. Joseph.
The exterior façade of 1783 is in neoclassical style. Above the portal, a niche houses a statue of St. Joseph and above this, there is the tripartite bell cell.
Inside, the central nave houses a marble holy water font dating back to 1541 attributed to Antonio Gagini, numerous painted altarpieces and sculptures from 17th and 18th century.
In 1613 the Mugnos Chapel in travertine was added, decorated with twisted columns and a broken front.